Training a horse, to us, is not simply a matter of “breaking it in”. We believe in a gentle but consistent horse training approach which is more a progress of systematic physical education, aimed at fully developing the horse’s natural, physical, and mental aptitudes.
We ride and train horses by successfully following the “Classical Training Pyramid”, which is a training process consisting of six building blocks. The six levels consist of:
1. Rhythm (with energy and tempo)
2. Relaxation (with elasticity and suppleness)
3. Connection (acceptance of the bit through acceptance of the aids)
4. Impulsion (increased energy and thrust)
5. Straightness (improved alignment and balance)
6. Collection (increased engagement, lightness of the forehand, and self-carriage)